About My Ministry:
- Mission/Values: My wife, Susan and I are privileged to have served the Lord and His Church as pastors and teachers for the past 30 years. We have been at Westminster Christian Assembly since April, 1998. Our most earnest desire is to see believers grow in their faith, hope and love, and to see unbelievers come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Place of Birth: San Luis Obispo, CA (March 16, 1950)
- Family Information: Wife: Susan (married June 26, 1973), Sons: Zachary, Benjamin and Joshua, Grandchildren: David, Jonathan, Connor, Ethan, Noah, Malijah, and ? (due January, 2012!). No pets at this time, but my wife and I love dogs.
- How did I come to WCA? My wife and I were called to serve WCA as senior pastors in April, 1997, after having served as senior pastors of Garden Grove First Assembly of God for 12 years.
- What is my role at WCA? Senior Pastor
- What is my favorite part of my role here? In addition to teaching and preaching, we especially enjoy the family atmosphere at WCA. We have known many of the folks for over 20 years.
- Who is my favorite Bible character,and how do I identify with him/her? Joseph is one of my most favorite Bible characters because of his faith and positive attitude in all the trials he experienced.
- Who are my favorite sports teams? Whatever team my grandchildren are on!
- Who is my favorite musical artist or group? My favorite musical artists are my sons, Ben and Josh. They are great musicians! Beyond that, I enjoy a broad variety of music, from classical to country to contemporary Christian music.
- What was I like in Junior High? That’s too far back to remember!
- If I could only have one book to read (other than the Bible) , what would it be, and why?Heaven, by Randy Alcorn. This book, more than any other, has made heaven more real to me.
- If I could choose my last meal on earth, what would it be, and why? The Communion meal, because it symbolizes the hope I have beyond this life.
- What makes me laugh? My wife first, my children and grandchildren second.
- What makes me cry? When I see others hurting—especially children.